About the role
Content Marketers are responsible for planning, creating and publishing content to grow an organisation's reach, online presence and leads. This content is designed to drive inbound traffic through strategically targeting specific keywords.
Content may take the form of blog posts, videos, social media, email etc.
Content marketer responsibilities
- Creating blog posts, guides, email copy, and other collateral — as well as experiment with different formats and mediums — to help educate, inspire, and persuade potential leads and customers.
- Attracting visitors to our website through search, social and email.
- Experimenting with content distribution across different channels.
- Refine and articulate distinct and compelling messaging for a company's brand.
- Spending time with customers and craft powerful user stories/case studies.
What skills should you be looking for?
How do you decide on what topics to create content for? How do you decide whether an idea is worth pursuing?
Give an example of a company that is doing content marketing really well, explain why?
Bearing in mind our audience, craft the first 250 words of a blog post about the benefits of/pitfalls of/importance of/the truth about [topic X]
1. Imagine you’ve just finished this blog post and published it on our website. What would be your next steps?
a. How would you get more people to view the post?
b. How could this blog post be used by other team members?
You've just had a great content idea, how do you decide what medium/channel you should publish on?
As well as review guides on how to score answers to all of them?